One of my resolutions for my reading life in 2011 was to read at least five books published in 2011. I tend to read older books–I love classics–so when I did the same resolution for 2010, I was glad that it made me read some of the great new releases that could be classics many years from now.
Well, believe it or not but I have already successfully completed this challenge! 🙂
Here is a link to my original post about this resolution: Plans for 2011: 5 Resolutions, 1 Challenge…so far
And the actual resolution:
This resolution is basically a repeat of one of my 2010 Resolutions: Read at least FIVE books that are newly published in 2011. Once again, I will attempt to not use the books I read to fulfill this resolution in any of my other resolutions, except my Personal Collection Resolution, which allows this because it’s so general.
Below is the list of books I read for the resolution. And since I’m anxiously awaiting other 2011 publications, I’ll add them to the list on my 2011: Books Read & Challenges/Resolutions page.
1. The Orchid Affair by Lauren Willig (published Jan. 20th; finished Feb. 27th)
2. Across the Universe by Beth Revis (published Jan. 11th; finished March 21st)
3. The Weird Sisters by Eleanor Brown (published Jan. 20th; finished March 28th)
4. The Free World by David Bezmozgis (published March 29th; finished April 9th)
5. Between Shades of Gray by Ruta Septeys (published March 29th; finished April 26th)