This is the topic of today’s Top Ten Tuesday hosted over at The Broke and the Bookish. (Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created by The Broke and the Bookish. This meme was created because they are particularly fond of lists and books, so they put the two together.)
In no particular order, here are mine 😀
1. Harry, Ron, & Hermione from the Harry Potter series by JK Rowling
This one is probably a group lots of people have. But there must be a reason so many people love this trio 🙂
2. Katniss & Peeta from the Hunger Games series by Suzanne Collins
I recently read this series and loved it. I’m so glad it’ll be coming out as a movie next year.
(As far as I can tell, the casting is still undecided, but this came up when I searched and they actually look how I pictured)
3. Anne & Diana from LM Montgomery’s Anne series
Who couldn’t love these bosom friends?
4. Wanderer & Melanie from The Host by Stephenie Meyer
This is probably the weirdest duo I have on this list–Wanderer is a soul who took over Melanie’s body, but Melanie is still inside, so they fight to be the primary “control” of the body.
Another book I’m excited to see out on film in the next year or so.
(Although I’m not a Sophia Bush fan. I think the role should go to an actress that has already proven she can handle a more serious role. I can’t figure out if she’s for sure in the movie or if it’s still just a rumor.)
5. Pearl & May from Shanghai Girls by Lisa See
These sisters are amazing, even if they fight a bit and are pretty much completely different from one another.
(Below are some real Shanghai calendar girls)
6. Robin Hood & Little John from The Merry Adventures of Robin Hood by Howard Pyle
It started that they had to fight, but once they realized they were fairly equal fighters, they became BFFs 🙂
7. Reynie, Constance, Sticky, & Kate from the Mysterious Benedict Society series by Trenton Lee Stewart
Love this series! And am anxiously awaiting another installment
8. Sherlock Holmes & Dr. Watson from the Holmes stories by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
While the movie made them both seem more active and fighting than they are in the books, the characters are still awesome 🙂
9. Elizabeth & Jane Bennet from Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
I think more people would probably put Lizzie and Darcy together, but I think that this sister relationship is great.
(And there’s always that saying, “Hos before bros!” haha)
10. Fernand Mondego & Baron Danglars from The Count of Monte Cristo by Alexandre Dumas
Okay, I’m not crazy. These are the two foils of the main character. But I have to like them for scheming with each other and everything, or my favorite story wouldn’t be 🙂